Becoming a Tutor at Five
Becoming a Five Tuition tutor is not for the faint-hearted, which is why our selection criteria is so demanding. In your role you'll be expected to multi-task the tutoring of up to five students, attend to each of their needs, be a role-model, take responsibility for their progress, communicate effectively with parents and management, correct students' work, and write end-of-class and semester reports. You'll need to complete initial training, and attend ongoing training events. Additionally, you'll be expected to uphold the professional and ethical standards of Five Tuition. You'll probably be paid less than some "cash-in-hand" centres, and you won't be able to take days off easily as you'll be expected by students, parents, and management to be taking care of the students you are responsible for.
With that being said, being a tutor at Five is highly rewarding. You'll be joining a highly intelligent and good-looking (jks) team of tutors, and have the chance to make a real difference in the lives of many students. You'll get some excellent experience within a professional work context, and have the chance to be involved in a young, exciting organisation with a great culture of teamwork, diversity, and academia. If you're just wanting an easy, meaningless job, you've come to the wrong place.
Our basic selection criteria is as follows. Applicants must:
- Have completed a Working with Children Check
- Have excellent communication and teaching skills
- Have recently completed VCE and achieved an ATAR of 90 or above
- Be able to commit to a weekly shift of at least 4 hours (we understand that availability changes seasonally due to uni timetable changes)
- Have a good knowledge of VCE English subject content, and at least one of: Further Maths, Maths Methods, Specialist Maths, Chemistry, Physics or Biology.
Applicants who do not meet these basic criteria will generally not be considered, but we encourage applications where applicants have specific skills, experience, or qualifications that might be helpful to our students.
To apply as a tutor at Five, please complete the following form, and send your resume to email@example.com.